Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Celebrating a Blogging Milestone


Sawyer is ready to celebrate!

 
             The wait is over, it is time for my special announcement! This post marks a special milestone in my blogging history. Are you ready to find out what it is?


 

 

 

 

 
*This is my 100th blog post!*
 
            Congrats to Arlee Bird for guessing my milestone correctly! I also recently passed the 5th anniversary of starting this blog on September 19. Although, I cannot say that I have been blogging for five years since I took about a year and a half hiatus.


            It is exciting to reach 100 posts :) I have finally reached a point where I post once a week unless  circumstances don’t allow me to. Posting regularly was my initial intention when I created this blog, but back then I did not discipline myself very well with my writing and ultimately ended up posting only once a month until I abandoned blogging entirely in late 2013. I missed sharing my writing with my friends during that time away, and then I found out about the A to Z Challenge in February 2015 and decided to return with a vengeance! I discovered new connections with the amazing blogging community and I was again able to share my writing with my friends who read my posts from the beginning. So thank you to all my friends, both old and new, for sharing in my adventures with blogging! As a part of this celebration, I decided to create a Facebook fan page. Now my Facebook friends and fellow bloggers can unite to find my latest updates, blog posts, and fun extras. I decided to use my full name, Elizabeth Ann Otten, for my writings and you can find me here:
 


            But wait, there's more! I am also considering hosting a Christmas blog hop. I would probably have it in mid-December. What do you think? Would you like to participate in a Christmas-themed blog hop? I know that I would need to visit all the participants if I took on this endeavor, is there anything else I need to know about hosting a blog hop? What would be a good day, I'm thinking a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday?


Yay Christmas!

                One more thing: I realized that a few weeks ago I said I would publish this post on Monday. Apparently, I forgot that the last two weeks when I said this would be a Wednesday post. Oh well, sorry if anyone noticed that and was confused.
 
I hope everyone has a great day! Please Like my page if you have a Facebook. And let me know your thoughts on a blog hop :) 

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Glad the Challenge got you back into regular posting.
    Mid-December on a Monday would rock for me. Make it so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Alex, the A to Z Challenge was a great motivator. I think I need to start making preparations for this blog hop :)

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your 100th post!!!! I find that the majority of the blogs I follow post on Monday; I read more blogs on Monday than any other day of the week. I would go for Tuesday or Wednesday myself for the blog hop (Tuesday now that I think about it because there's a blog hop Hodge Podge that does Wednesday that is quite big). I would definitely participate if you did one :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, a lot of bloggers do seem to favor Monday, and I'm thinking that some, like Alex above, like to include the blog hops in their regular posts. I'm leaning more toward a Monday. I'm glad you would like to participate :)

      Delete
  3. Congatulations! Some people can't stick with blogging. Some of us go on too long (me).

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should be taken out and shot for misspelling congratulations. Shame on me.

      Delete
    2. Don't worry, Janie, I've spelled it wrong before, too :) I once thought it was spelled "congradulations," lol.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on 100 posts. I should really look over my blog and see how many I have in the bag.
    I attempted a blog hop not to long ago. It didn't work as well as I had hoped. Two people signed up, one forgot, the other did too, but his recent post was in line with the theme and he retro-edited the post to be in line with the blog hop. So I wish you all the best in your blog-hop.

    Loved your inclusion in this post of David Tennet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeffrey! I guess I'll see how it goes, I only have two signed up so far, but we can still have fun with it :) And yes, I couldn't resist adding a David Tennant gif :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...