Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Feeling a Little Crafty

            This past weekend I attended a Women in the Outdoors (WITO) event. This was my third time to participate and as always, it was a lot of fun. The only downside is that something stirred up my allergies and sinuses and I am still trying to clear my head congestion :( So, with the weekend activities and the need to sleep more the rest of this week, I have gotten behind on comments again. One of these days I will get myself on a decent blogging/community schedule. I enjoy hearing from all of you (Facebook friends included). Just hang in there, I will return your visits, eventually :)

            Without further ado, here are some pictures of the crafts I made at WITO. Yes, we pick the indoor crafting classes at an event that includes the word "outdoors," lol. Although, one class was outside under a canopy.

Cords on Gourds

Medicine Bag

Paint and Bake Tiles

 
As an added bonus, here are some of last year's crafts:

Antler Jewelry
 
Corn Husk Doll
 
Finger Weaving


*** Stay tuned next Wednesday for a special announcement! Does anyone want to guess what blogging milestone I'm reaching next week? ***

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

15 comments:

  1. All sorts of crafts! You're multi-talented.
    Sometimes it's hard to keep up with our blogger buddies. That's why I only post once a week. Makes it easier for my followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! You're right, posting once a week is easier, I usually can set aside some time one day each week for comments, today is that day this week :)

      Delete
  2. Such cute crafts! Sounds like a fun event to go to (minus the allergies of course). Are you celebrating one year of blogging?

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Betty, it is a lot of fun! That's a good guess, I'll announce the answer next Wednesday :)

      Delete
  3. Such nice work--nothing like the garbage I would have probably turned out. Milestone? Maybe your 100th post. I peaked at your archive and know it's not 1 year of blogging. I guess this might be your 5th year.

    Congratulations whatever the case might be.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arlee! You did some great detective work, you can find out if you're right next Wednesday :)

      Delete
  4. SO cool. I'm not crafty at all, but I admire anyone who is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Stephanie! I was guided in creating these, so that helped me a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Looks like fun was had. And I understand--it's so hard keeping up with everything. Curious about the milestone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TBM, yes it was fun, and I will be posting my announcement Wednesday :)

      Delete
  6. What wonderful crafts! We took our kids to a rock and gem fair where we all had fun carving soapstone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tamara, that sounds like something I would like to try :)

      Delete
  7. I love crafts! And I adore that corn husk doll. Where can I get one like her? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Chrys, you could try making one :) They aren't too hard to do, I found this site that has similar directions to what we did, except we made a full skirt instead of legs.

      Delete
  8. I love crafts! And I adore that corn husk doll. Where can I get one like her? :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...