Wednesday, June 22, 2016

The Struggle Continues

 
            Well, I thought I had more to say on my Struggle is Real post, but after reading it over again, I think there is not much more I could say on the subject beyond what I already said in that post and others like this one. I’m not sure where my train of thought was heading, but it’s gone now. That happens to me a lot in writing and speaking. I think I’m going somewhere and then my train of thought disappears entirely, sometimes right in the middle of my sentence! Like I said in that previous post, I have been distracted and demotivated by work, so I'm sure that's a factor in my inability to focus. I have also been trying to get some things done around the house over the past week and my internet connection has been very slow at times. I will try to sit down and make some blog visits eventually when I am ready for a lesson on patience (as I wait for pages to load), but my chores are calling me right now. For now, here are recent pictures of my lazy cats and a beautiful peacock I saw at the Renaissance Festival last month.

 

 
Verses for the week: "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV)


6 comments:

  1. I think your cats have the right idea...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cats are so sweet! We saw peacocks at a petting zoo last summer in Charleston. I can't even remember where we were to come upon that, but it was cool being so close to a peacock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like those verses :) The cats are so cute; they look right at home too on your bed :)

    Gorgeous peacock too!

    Hopefully motivated will come soon for you :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like we're having similar issues. My posts at Unicorn Bell this week are about how I'm not writing. And I just got some internet issues fixed. (The internet was so slow, I felt myself aging as I waited for pages to load.)

    Love that button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to be your cat on the left.....she(?) has the right idea. Never worry about not writing when your brain feels demobilized, we are still here in body if not in mind:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cats! I hope your job situation improves. Something that demotivates you isn't healthy to keep going to every day. Best of luck focusing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...