Wednesday, July 6, 2016

IWSG: Encouraging Feedback

           
 
            Time for another posting with the Insecure Writers Support Group, where writers can share their insecurities and encourage one another. IWSG was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh and we share our posts the first Wednesday of the month. This month, the IWSG is starting something new by posing a question for us to answer in our monthly posts. I must say that I really like this new feature, because it is nice to have a prompt. The question for this month's posting is: What's the best thing someone has ever said about your writing?

            My two best friends tell me they enjoy my devotional writings and they continue to encourage me to keep writing them. I hope she doesn’t mind that I’m sharing this, but I love this comment from one of my friends on a blog post from 2010. “Hahaha! I love it! I was following along, all whimsical-like, then that 'Focus.' just stopped me in my tracks. Wonderful words, beautiful message.” I also have a teenage “fan.” She is a fellow writer and was one of the handful of people who got to read the short story I wrote for the IWSG anthology contest. She has since approached me multiple times to say how much she liked it and ask how my current writing is going. It is both an encouragement and an accountability for my writing and I appreciate her enthusiasm. You know, it is hard to feel insecure about my writing this month after thinking about this question. A kind word of encouragement really does go a long way! It makes me think of a song Bing Crosby sings in White Christmas, which states, “If you’re worried and you can’t sleep, just count your blessings instead of sheep, and you’ll go to sleep counting your blessings.” Just think of positive reviews and feedback as the blessings :)
 

            On a side note, I want to thank those who wished me a Happy Birthday on my Monday post! The last few days of Independence Day and birthday celebrations have been great and I hope to make some belated return visits soon, as things are getting back to normal.
Free stock image from pixabay.com

10 comments:

  1. It is neat to get the encouragement when your writings; seems like you got a nice "fan" base of encouragers :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated happy birthday!
    When others are excited about our work, that makes us more excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday, and congratulations on having a fan! I wish I had fans...

    IWSG July

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting encouragement like that is really uplifting.

    Happy belated Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday! It's encouraging to know you inspire and help others. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great that you've had that kind of encouragement. Did I already wish you a happy birthday? Happy belated birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday! It's a great to inspire people. I also treasure my blog comments, especially those from ISWG, who really encourage me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday and I wish you a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Positive comments give such a boost. I love getting them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positive comments are always wonderful, and I love that quote from Bing Crosby. Counting blessings sounds like a wonderful way to fall asleep. Belated Happy Birthday wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...