Friday, October 28, 2016

Flashback Friday

 
            **Is it really time for Flashback Friday already? I have spent most of the past week in my personal bubble of solitude trying to simultaneously finish, edit, and revise my story for the IWSG anthology contest. I will try to come back up for air when this thing is submitted! Back to Flashback Friday, participants use the last Friday of each month to repost an old post that needed more attention, that you're very proud of, that you think is still relevant, etc. It is hosted by Michael G D'Agostino at A Life Examined. This is my post about my insecurities from last year's anthology contest. The only difference this year is that I have no mixed feelings about my entry, I just got to get it ready for submission!**


 
October IWSG  (October 7, 2015)
  

            Time for another posting with the Insecure Writers Support Group, where writers can share their insecurities and encourage one another.  IWSG was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh and we share our posts the first Wednesday of the month.  The co-hosts for October are:

TB Markinson, Tamara Narayan, Shannon Lawrence, Stephanie Faris, and Eva E. Solar.

            In September, IWSG announced that they would be having an anthology contest for group members.  We have until November 1 to submit a short story about a parallel universe or alternative history.  This is my insecurity this month.  As soon as I saw the contest, I was so excited about it, but now I’m having mixed feelings/second thoughts.  I really want to submit a story, I have an idea, I have the characters lined up, and I even started writing.  I am just not sure if I can pull this all together in a sensible way by November!  During this process, I realized that I have not written any fiction since high school, beyond a list of ideas and a couple opening paragraphs to stories that may never come to be.  I don’t even know if my fiction will be likeable, but I guess this is an opportunity to find out.  I have to start somewhere.  I hope I can get it done. 





8 comments:

  1. Having just entered the IWSG contest (eek!), I loved reading your flashback to last year's contest. I can relate to so many of your insecurities at the time. All the best with your entry for this year's context.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I was glad I could look back at this post and the motivational quotes to help keep me going again this year. Good luck with your entry :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your story this year. Glad you continue to work through your insecurities to continue writing.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Betty! I feel as though I never caught up with everything I got behind in this summer, but I am glad that this story has helped push me to get back into a better writing habit :)

      Delete
  3. Now you know you have to submit a story this year!
    You have until Tuesday night. Make it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alex, I am pushing past my horrible amount of procrastination to get this story finished! It is close! I have too many people holding me accountable now ;)

      Delete
  4. Good luck with this year's entry! Fiction is definitely more challenging to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a difference a year makes.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...