Wednesday, April 5, 2017

IWSG: Dutifully Determined


 
            Time for another posting with the Insecure Writer’s Support Group, where writers can share their insecurities and encourage one another. IWSG was founded by Alex J. Cavanaugh and we share our posts the first Wednesday of the month.
            I was in deep denial and disappointment about not digging in to the demanding A to Z Challenge this year. That doesn’t deduce that I can’t delight in some alphabetic drollery. So, with the dictionary as my director I shall divulge you with this month’s disquiet. My daily writing is still delayed. I’ve been too distracted and distressed by work and other duties and disciplines. Like a drawn-out dance, I dash from being deliberate in the details to diversion or disarray. My determination is often detoured and it can become downright depressing. I must decide to keep driving forward. Don’t dwell on the difficulties; instead, discover and develop different ways to reach that writing destination.

 

This post has been brought to you by the letter D.

And now back to your regularly scheduled A to Z programming...

17 comments:

  1. How cute you did this! I caught on early with the D. I am actually quite delighted I didn't do the challenge this year. Less stress this month so far.

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betty, definitely less stress this month for me.

      Delete
  2. Dare to dart forward!
    I'm also glad I didn't do the Challenge this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! That was awesome. But that last line made me think of a Sesame Street special. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crystal, Sesame Street did come to mind while drawing up this post :)

      Delete
  4. Very clever writing the D post. Enjoyed it a lot.
    Juneta @ Writer's Gambit

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel ya. Writing has been hard lately. And I think we're not alone in thinking this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, it does seem that many writers have been experiencing similar difficulties lately.

      Delete
  6. Great post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved you dissertation! Miss you in the Challenge but it is what it is.
    Perspectives at Life & Faith in Caneyhead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara! I did kind of miss doing the challenge this year, but I'm sure I'll be back at it again, maybe next year :)

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! Please feel free to leave a comment and I will visit you back :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...